Monday, November 13, 2006

First century!

Yesterday marks a new milestone in my biking; I crossed the 100 kilometers mark, on my Fuji Team V2, and reached the Pacific ocean. This ride carries a few climbs but is mostly an endurance one. I remained on the saddle some 4.5 hours. The exact length(based on what I could get from my GPS, see mishap below) was 108 kilometers, some 67 miles. The overall experience was okay.
Here are the hardest things I noticed:
  • the buzzing wind in my ears; I need to stuff some cotton in there to limit it
  • the cold of my feet; I need to buy these special shoe protections
  • the cold of my legs; they were feeling so stiff, this probably contributed to tiredness on my way back
  • the lower back pain; I was carrying a Camelback that I lowered a bit during the ride; after a while I felt a lower back pain; I heightened the bag and most of that pain went away
  • the starting blister on my left palm; had me change hand positions many times. Might look into some more comfortable gloves than the ones I have.
  • the butt soreness; the Chamois Butt Cream took care of this one; not too bad though.
  • the handlebars position; I heightened them a bit before the ride and they were very uncomfortable when in the hoods and when using the brakes. I lowered the handlebars an inch when I came back
  • the Garmin Edge 305 GPS froze; I could have it resume and altogether lost very little data. In order to properly load the ride in MotionBase I had to load the ride first into SportsTrack, and then export it in gpx format. Looks like SportsTrack and MotionBased dont load exactly the same way. I got most data rightm just lost the heart data

I know, this seems like a long list; but altogether this was not that bad at all. Now I can start considering longer distances, and figure some wider loops.





Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home