Wednesday, June 29, 2005

SuperGo is awesome

I want to post this in order to encourage their business. Since it's been so many times that I was totally satisfied with these guys!

I am talking about the guys at SuperGo bike store on El Camino Real in Mountain View, CA. True I am a good shopper there, but nowadays spending dollars in a shop isn't the guarantee of a good service, of that little spark that makes you hooked to a store like a kid. Well, at SuperGo, even if you don't spend much, these guys will help. It's beyond money, it's about biking! Yes there's maybe that underlying biker attitude, that screen, the slight feeling of being an outsider when you approach them. Like trying to enter a fraternity of some sort. The tattoo culture!... But hey they love their job that's all, and they know their stuff.... The success of the store is their success too. Since I shop there for either upgrades of my two mountain bikes - Specialized Hardrock w/ slicks to commute, and my Epic for the trails - or for tools or gear, they always helped.

There are two instances that I want to mention:

- after I cracked the frame of my Epic 2003 under the seatpost, I got it replaced w/o discussion, although that bike wasn't purchased there. I know, this was taken care by Specialized staff itself, but still, no greed. I was even granted an upgrade to the 2004 frame at no cost.

- and last night, since I couldn't finalize the setting of a stem and handlebar because of a dead screw that couldn't be removed in the steering tube. I biked there around 6:00PM, and was provided with assistance and on-the-spot fix with their top wrench...... Merely paid anything....

There are still some really cool cats! I can compare with other shops - hmmmm let me see.... the OffRamp for instance! - which are on the Dark Side of biking. I often think of the Frank Zappa song "Flakes" when I think of customer service! Exceptions exist, go SuperGo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home