Sunday, August 22, 2004

Bicycles

Re-used the same service of freecycle.org, looking this time for a trunk bike rack to increase the range of the trails I can go biking on. Looks like this was the right choice as I could very well get a rack very soon. I reshaped my old Schwinn as I need to go back to work tomorrow after 2 months working in-house. I was surprised by the smoothness of this bike, despite the weight and the spider webs. Changed the saddle with the one I kept from my Specialized. I ride the neighbourhood whenever I can! The simple activity of basic maintenance is a pleasure. Gets me into the mood of the very present time, the pleasure of the time well spent, the concentration on little things. The goals matter less than the space and time in between!....

I had the same thought while brooming the balcony yesterday, quiet sweeping, getting things done, simply. I feel I slowly disconnect from the race for money and things. Little things matter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home